Due to the COVID pandemic more and more of our customers like race directors and timekeepers were asking for a GPS solution to compare athletes' sports exercises and training in respect of health regulations (social distancing). All of Racemap Team were excited about this idea and we started developing immediately and came up with the VIRTUAL RACE for solo competition. We finished the development of Virtual Race within two weeks.
A Virtual Race connects athletes from where they are and scores their sports activities in a real-time leaderboard. Participants can contribute their exercises and training regardless of location, time and segments.
Each Virtual Race provides a leaderboard to compare individual workouts of every participant and a Tracking Map showing the current location and the replay to verify specific activities.
- sample of a leaderboard https://racemap.com/timing/virtual-race
- sample of an activity map https://racemap.com/player/virtual-race
Virtual Races work very easy and flexible for Participants
Participants join the Virtual Race remotely with Racemap Tracking App or with GPS Trackers. The activities are recorded for each participant and the leaderboard compares their workouts in real-time. Virtual Races work regardless of location, time and segments.
- From everywhere e.g. a participant in Norway and another athlete in Germany feed their single activities into the same Virtual Race.
- Athletes can provide their activities at any time within the Start- and End Time of the Virtual Race.
- Don't get stalled by segments! Participants accumulate activities, e.g. 5k on Monday and another 8k on Wednesday.
- For various kinds of sports like running, cycling, rowing and hiking.
The best part is, everybody can create and manage its own Virtual Race in Racemap Tracking Platform. Just get in touch with any questions. More about Virtual Race